Skip to toolbar

“I review it so you don’t have to watch it!”

“I review it so you don’t have to watch it!”

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

NBA 2K22's modes remain largely unchanged from last year's version

The choice to return to traditional Cheap NBA 2K22 MT traditional shooting also provides a higher level of detail and accuracy using dribble movements. In many instances the game NBA 2K21 did I activate the "Pro Stick" in error but then see an unbalanced and unbalanced airball. It's also worth noting that alley-oops now require timed button presses in order to complete.

The process of throwing the lob may be a breeze, but the player who is finishing must press the button'shoot' in the green part of the timing meter to smash the ball. While I don't feel it's essential however I accept the fact that anything requires a certain amount of skill and precision even if the lobs aren't terribly demanding in actual games.

In terms of defense, the most significant improvements are in the form of a redeveloped method of blocking shots. I've had a feeling that blocking in previous NBA 2K titles felt lifeless and ultimately vulnerable to the chance. Thanks to the latest animations and the smoother flow and movement, blocks now feel precise and strong, lending some much needed toughness to the game's amazing centers, which I believe have never been truly represented as a threat before.

Take a look at Wilt Chamberlain's Lakers or Bill Russell's Celtics and you'll know the difference. This enhanced sense of accuracy and realism can also be felt in mid-air encounters, since participants in the ring appear more natural when they move.

Highlight reels from previous games were usually tarnished or even destroyed by glitchy animations, leaving my giants looking like frozen robots stuck in the air. In NBA 2K22, players can reach, swat, and protect in a manner that is more natural and hence more effective in majority of defensive situations.

NBA 2K22's NBA2king modes remain largely unchanged from last year's version, which isn't such a bad thing as several of them were added to the next-generation NBA 2K21 versions. In addition to MyCareer, MyTeam and MyNBA modes, The W returns, which includes the standalone career mode, which is built on the WNBA.